SafeSport provides information for all members of the sport community, to understand what misconduct is and provide a pathway to report misconduct. Please visit SafeSport to learn more about preventing and reporting misconduct and abuse in youth sports. Tolland Soccer Club supports this initiative and we need everyone to participate.
Need to report suspected abuse?
If you see something or if a player confides in you potential misconduct, speak up and report what you have heard. There are three ways you report suspected abuse:
- Submit a report to SafeSport by visiting their website and clicking on Report a Concern.
- Contact law enforcement. If you feel it is an emergency and a childs life is in imminent danger, please dial 911 or you can contact the CT State Troopers hotline for reporting child abuse (800) 842-2288.
- Email [email protected]. The matter will be held in strict confidentiality and referred to law enforcement for investigation.
Types of at- risk abuse include:
Sexual Misconduct, including Child Sexual Abuse
Who is SafeSport for?
We all play a role in creating a safe environment in youth sports.
All Tolland Soccer board members, coaches, referees and volunteers (over the age of 17) are SafeSport trained. The SafeSport training course is a 90-minute core course covering the following topics in-depth:
- Mandatory Reporting
- Sexual Misconduct Awareness Education
- Emotional and Physical Misconduct
Sports provide athletes with an opportunity to develop specific athletic skills, as well as life skills. Unfortunately, sports can also be a high-risk environment for misconduct and abuse.
For more information please contact Tolland Soccer’s SafeSport Liasion, Ryan Niderno at [email protected].