May 7, 2020

Dear Tolland Soccer Club Families,

We would like to give you an update on where we stand for Spring soccer activities.

As of today, the Connecticut Junior Soccer Association’s (CJSA) suspension of all soccer activities until May 20, 2020 continues to remain in place.  With the Governor’s recent announcement cancelling the return to the classroom for the remainder of the school year, our understanding is that in the coming days, the CJSA will extend their suspension through at least mid-June.  This effectively ends our Spring 2020 soccer activities.  Further details are below.

As with all aspects of life at the moment, there is much uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 situation.  Over the next few weeks, the CJSA will be issuing detailed Return to Play guidelines which will help clear up some uncertainty.  These guidelines will consist of a phased-in approach, which will mean soccer will take a different form than what we are used to.  The Club will use these guidelines in conjunction with recommendations by state and local authorities to structure our future activities, ensuring the safety of our players, coaches, referees and spectators.  We will provide further details as they become available.

Travel Soccer

Cape Cod Tournament – We will not be attending a Cape Cod tournament this spring.  Hotel reservations can be canceled by calling the Red Jacket directly at 800-CAPECOD (800-227-3263) from 8am-6pm seven days a week.  No cancellation fees will be charged and deposits will be refunded in full.  Please cancel no later than Wednesday, May 13th.

Tryouts for 2020-21 Season – Tryouts normally scheduled in early-June have been postponed indefinitely.  We will provide an update once we receive further return to play guidance from the state, town and CJSA.

Refunds – The Club will be issuing a $65 refund per travel player for unencumbered expenses this Spring.  Refunds will be processed directly to the credit card used to register.  If your credit card account is no longer open or you paid by check, please contact Tom Bojarski at [email protected] and he will make alternative arrangements to process your refund.  We hope to complete refunds over the next two weeks.

Play with Pride 3v3 Tournament August 22 – While we are hopeful that we can continue to hold our annual 3v3 tournament, we will need to restructure the event to adhere to the guidelines mentioned above.  We are continuing with our early stages of planning and will provide more details as they become available.

Recreation Soccer

We have completed processing refunds for any Rec players that had previously registered for the spring season.  If you have not received your refund, please contact Tom Bojarski at [email protected].  We will provide updates to our Fall 2020 recreation plans as they become available.


We will have some very exciting announcements regarding TOPS in the coming weeks – please stay tuned!!

As always, thank you for your patience and understanding – Tolland Strong!

Erin Reed and Dave Garritt
On behalf of the TSC Board of Directors

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.